iSmart Technology Limited (“we”, “us”) offers and provides property management software and services (Services) to our clients (Clients) via this website, mobile applications and web applications (Platform).
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (Act) and the EU GDPR directive, we are the data controller except where we act as a data processor for and under the instructions of a Client.
For legal purposes the data controller is:
iSmart Technology Ltd
71-75 Shelton Street
Please send all correspondence to the Data Compliance Officer at the above address.
iSmart Technology Limited are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and personal data.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide to us by filling in forms on our site www.smartpropertymanager.com (“Our Site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering with Our Site, requesting goods, services or information from us.
- Information that you provide to us when you write to us (including by email).
- Information that you provide to us when we speak to you by telephone. We may make and keep a record of the information you share with us.
- Information that you provide to us by completing surveys or participating in competitions. We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through Our Site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to Our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access;
- Information obtained by us from third parties in accordance with UK law.
- Should you decide to pay for a service, we will accept credit or debit card details on the web site and process them through a trusted and secure 3rd party (Paypal or Stripe). We will not store any details of your credit or debit card on Our Site other than the last 4 digits as a convenience to help customers identify payment methods.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our user’s browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your usage of the web site by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve Our Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise Our Site according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches;
- recognise you when you return to Our Site.
WHERE WE STORE AND PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us via email or Our Site is stored on our secure servers or the secure servers of third parties authorised by us.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of Our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from Our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our goods and services.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If iSmart Technology Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Website Use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations, such as credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies, for the purposes of fraud protection and prevention, credit risk reduction and to pursue debtors.
- If we use a third party to host the servers on which your personal information is stored.
- In any other manner mentioned elsewhere in this policy.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our suppliers, partner networks, advertisers, affiliates and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites should have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or the content or operation of these websites. Please check these policies and the terms of the websites before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to access certain information held by us about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with UK law. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £20.00 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
We want to make sure that your personal data is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
iSmart Technology Ltd
71-75 Shelton Street